Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Gold is the New Black

Gold is making a comeback! Gold, brass, champagne, antique gold, satin brass, etc. All of them are super popular right now. I think one of the reasons why it's so popular is that it creates a warm, sophisticated and cozy vibe. Gold also goes well with white, black, and gray which is what a lot of kitchens are made of these days. Wood tones with gold accents are just gorgeous and create that cozy feeling.

I follow a lot of home decor bloggers on Instagram and some of them just have the most beautiful kitchens that have gold knobs and pulls. Here are some of my favorites:




Source: 1111LightLane

Source: SummerAdams

Source: ThePinkDream


Don't be afraid to mix metals. It has taken me a long time to realize that I could do that. A gold ceiling light with black door knobs is perfectly fine and will look amazing. Stainless steel appliances can even mix with gold accents in the kitchen. Try to pick a main metal for your home and have 1-2 accent metals scattered throughout. Look for inspiration pictures that you love and see how they interchange different metals throughout the room.

Amy from CrazyChicDesign did a great job of mixing metals in her living room. A gold curtain rod, a black candlestick, black knobs on the side bar, a silver coffee table, and metallic lamp bases. But it all looks put together and seamless.


Chris and Julia recently renovated their master bathroom and it's just gorgeous. They did an awesome job with mixing metals. Gold and black sconces with satin nickel faucets and a satin nickel towel holder. 


This kitchen is stunning with the gold pendants, gold handles and black faucets. The wood shelves and wood stools help add in warmth.


Gold, brass, and copper have warm tones. Where silver, stainless steel, and chrome have cooler tones. You may have a very neutral palate in your living room and want to give it a pop of color while still adding warmth. Gold will help create that cozy effect.

I'll be honest, at first I wasn't sure about all the gold. It has really taken me a year to really love it. I have one end table and one floor lamp that are gold and love them. But to have gold as a permanent fixture (ceiling lights and knobs) made me a bit nervous. However, after countless hours looking at beautiful homes on Instagram, the gold has grown on me. So much so that I'm using it as my main metal in our new home! 

My next post will be all about the new lights I ordered and I can't wait to share them with you. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment