Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Before and Afters of our House: The Main Level

Are you as excited as I am? Probably not but that's ok. I love seeing how paint can completely transform a room. It is really amazing and I'd love to give a big hug to whoever invented paint.

We had some funky colors going on when we bought our house but I made all of them disappear and I'm super excited to share them with you!

**All of my paint colors were taken to Sherwin Williams and color matched.

Before: Sour Apple Green in the Front Room


After: I removed the wallpaper border and painted this room Balboa Mist by Benjamin Moore. I also changed out the light fixture. That thing bothered me like crazy!


Before: Blinding Blue in our Living Room


After: Balboa Mist by Benjamin Moore


Before: Blue, blue, and more blue in the Dining Room


After: Balboa Mist by Benjamin Moore (are you sensing a theme??) Yes, I will get rid of this light but I can't make up my mind on what I want!


Before: More blue in the kitchen with sunflower border


After: Balboa Mist by Benjamin Moore. Check out my cabinet removal post and what a difference it made in the kitchen!


Before: Cream in the Kids Playroom


After: Cloud Cover by Benjamin Moore (2 shades lighter than Balboa Mist). Next time I'll try to take a picture in between the chaos of 2 little kids. :)

 
Before: A sunny yellow Hallway


After: Cloud Cover by Benjamin Moore


Before: A bland white Laundry Room


After: Silver Strand at 50% by Sherwin Williams. You can read about the reveal here.


Ok I wasn't going to "reveal" this room yet because it hasn't been touched but I'll do it anyways since you asked so nicely. The other room on our main floor is a half bathroom. I haven't touched it yet because I'm not 100% sure what I want to do in there so for now it's this:


And yes, there's a tree growing in my bathroom...


Now you have seen the first floor of our house. I'm slowly working on getting pictures up, a few new furniture pieces, and some more mirrors hung. It's amazing how cozy those things can make a room feel. I feel like I'm living in a bland, sterile house and am just bursting waiting for that warm, fuzzy feeling that family pictures bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment