Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Faves

It's almost the weekend! What do you have planned? Tonight my husband and I get to go on a date night and made reservations at a restaurant we've never been to. I'm really excited but even more happy to get out of my mommy yoga pants and actually dress up for a change!

Welcome to another edition of Friday Faves. I have some good ones for you today, are you ready?!

I just started reading this fabulous blog, Honey We're Home. What's even more fabulous is this painted closet she did. I already have a project in my head on where to use this creative pattern.


I have been dying to make a DIY upholstered headboard. The problem is we have a queen size bed but really want a king. So until we can decide if we'll really upgrade, I won't be making a headboard anytime soon.

Look at this gorgeous DIY upholstered headboard that Freckles Chick did. It makes me want to go make on right now! And it really isn't as complicated as you may think.


Of course I need to sneak a little food in here. This fantastic recipe is from 100 Days of Real Food. My kids love these Whole Wheat Carrot Applesauce Muffins and my son inhales them. It's great that they have carrots in them and no one even knows (insert evil mom laugh). I'm making some of these to take to my cousin who just had a baby!

Carrot Applesauce Muffins from 100 Days of #RealFood

Chalkboard paint is the latest craze! Paint half a wall, a full wall, or even a door with it so you or your kids can draw on it. I know you all secretly draw on your walls once the kids are in bed! I love this chalkboard door that Heather at The Décor Fix did and she even added a calendar. So many endless options of what you can do with it.


I may have a slight obsession with sunburst mirrors. Just a little one, don't worry. Rebekah over at A Blissful Nest has a great tutorial on how to make a DIY Paint Dipped Sunburst Mirror. This one may make an appearance in my home soon!

DIY Paint Dipped Sunburst Mirror Tutorial

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment