Thursday, December 13, 2018

Recipe: Apple Cream Pie (Apple Soup)

Today is my Birthday!! So I wanted to share a dessert recipe with you today. I know I'm usually all about home decor but the reason I wanted to call this blog Harmonized Home is because there is so much more than just decorating in our homes. I love making my house a home and as a busy mama of 4 kiddos, of course food will be involved! I shared this recipe for homemade granola and this homemade bread recipe back in the day.

This is my mom's recipe for apple cream pie and it is SUPER easy! You don't have to make a homemade crust or even a topping and it is still very delicious. 

We have a joke going around and call this pie "apple soup." Mostly because when my mom first started making it, there was 1 cup of cream in it and it was more like soup than a solid pie. We ate it with spoons and started eating it in a bowl haha! I have taken away a bit of the cream so it's not super "soupy" but it is still more soup-like then pie like. But oh sooooooo yummy!



Recipe:
* 3 cups chopped apples (I always just use what we have on hand. I take off the skin because we just prefer it that way)
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 4 tsp flour
* 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (you could try to reduce to 1/2 and see what happens)
* 1 pie crust (I use a pre made one from the cold section at the store)

1. Put uncooked pie crust on bottom of pie dish
2. Mix all the other ingredients together and pour into pie crust
3. Put in a 450 degree oven for 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 325 degrees and bake for 40 more minutes. 
    * Ovens will vary so I start keeping an eye on the pie at 30 minutes instead of 40. 

If you get a chance to make this, leave a comment and tell me how it was!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment