Thursday, October 20, 2016

Long Time No.... Read??

It's been a while since we've talked! I thought I'd share an update and some exciting news! 

Back in early February I became a LuLaRoe consultant. It has blessed our family in a lot of ways. We were able to take a trip to Disney World, do some minor home renovation projects like expanding a 2 door sliding glass window to 3 a door one, sending our precious daughter to the same private school I went to, and a few other smaller things. Besides those fun things, LuLaRoe has helped me to come out of my shell and be a little more of an extrovert than I was. I have more confidence in myself than I have ever had in my entire life. I was able to prove to myself that I could succeed at something. 



LuLaRoe is more work than I have ever done in my life. Which is why the blog got put on hold. The first 4-5 months were filled with 80 hour work weeks. I've cut back some now, which in reality has been nice because life has been super busy with a 4 year old in pre-k, a busy 3 1/2 year old little boy, and an 11 month old who is walking all over our house!

So are you ready to hear the exciting news?? No, I'm not pregnant (although we've agreed to have a 4th child sometime in the near future!!). Let's go back to December 2015 when our almost one year old dishwasher leaked and got under our laminate floor in the kitchen. So our contractor friend told us that mold would likely appear at some point. Ok, but we had already decided to replace all of our flooring on the main level within the next few years but we were not financially ready at that point to replace all of it. So we just lived with our laminate floors being bubbly in places in our kitchen. Fast forward to a few months ago. I decided to lift up our long runner rug in the kitchen and what do I find?? MOLD! With 2 toddlers and a baby crawling/walking all over, it was time to do something about this whether we liked it or not.

Major bummer... I painted all of the kitchen cabinets and painted the countertops around August/September of last year. All of my precious time that was supposed to last us a few years now wasted :(



The good/bad part? This project has SPIRALED out of control haha. We knew a new kitchen was in the works for about 3-5 years down the road. This would need to happen at the same time we replaced all of the main level flooring because this mama had some BIG PLANS! We're talking knocking down walls, moving the laundry room from the main level to the second, and completely changing the layout of the kitchen. So the time has come to get this project rolling and I would love to take you on this journey with me. 

We are about to take on a kitchen renovation, new flooring on the main level, moving the laundry upstairs, a new master closet, and a new master bathroom (which also has mold in it lol). This project won't get started until January/February because we did not want our house to be a construction zone for the holiday season. This gives me lots of time to go over my plans and material decisions with you all! I am super excited to reveal my HUGE kitchen plans! So let's get this blog rolling again so we can have some fun :)

Sidenote: I am so thankful for my LuLaRoe business that has provided us the income to be able to tackle these huge projects. If you love LuLa as much as I do or you're new to it, please head over to Facebook and checkout my VIP page where I throw super fun parties for lots of wonderful women.

No comments:

Post a Comment