Thursday, June 18, 2015

Recipe: Homemade Bread

I have had a bread maker for about 4 years now. I rarely ever buy bread from the store. This way is cheaper and I know what ingredients are going in it. Some breads from the grocery store have 40 ingredients in them!

I have this bread machine from Amazon. It has held up beautifully and I make everything from our normal sandwich bread to banana bread in it. I have made cinnamon raisin bread, pumpkin bread, zucchini bread and more. Just throw in the ingredients and it mixes it all for you.

I have two main breads that I make. The one I make weekly is more of a sandwich bread consistency and that's the one I'm sharing with you today.


Recipe:
 1 cup of water (110 degrees)
 3 TBS sugar
 3 TBS olive oil
 1 1/2 tsp salt
 3 cups flour
 2 1/4 tsp active yeast or bread machine yeast

I put the ingredients in my machine in the order I listed. Liquid first, flour in the middle and yeast on top. Make sure your yeast doesn't touch the water by making a little welt in the middle of the flour. I always take my bread out 5 minutes before the timer goes off. Depending on how often we eat bread, I make this recipe 1-2 times a week.

If you want, you can sub some of the white flour for whole wheat. I've only done half and half so I'm not sure how a 100% whole wheat loaf would turn out. Try it and let me know!
 

The possibilities are limitless with this bread. Peanut butter, almond butter, honey, jelly, or try a combination of things! One of my favorite ways to eat this bread is with nutella and sprinkles (which doesn't happen very often). It's like a healthy version of a donut! Mmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment