Thursday, May 21, 2015

Recipe: Homemade Granola

I try to post a recipe each week on my Friday Faves. I mean, isn't part of having a Harmonized Home what we cook and eat?! I thought I could occasionally share a recipe with you that we eat often and this homemade granola is one of them (ok well I eat it often).

There are many different types of granola. You can add nuts, dried fruit, coconut or even chocolate. I've tried a few different recipes but I always come back to this one. This recipe is easy to throw together and easy to cook.

Ingredients:
 3 cups of oats
 1 cup slivered almonds
 3/4 cup shredded coconut
 1/4 cup oil (I use coconut oil but you could also use canola or olive oil)
 1/4 cup brown sugar
 1/4 cup maple syrup

Directions:
 Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.   Stir every 20 minutes.

I store mine in a container like this.



My favorite way to eat this is with yogurt and some fresh berries. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and maybe throw in some banana slices too. You could add it to oatmeal or even make a smoothie and add some on top. Maybe just add some milk and it could replace your sugary cereal.


No Friday Faves tomorrow as I have a super busy weekend ahead (how can my son be 2 years old already?!) but check back Tuesday for a new DIY tutorial. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment