Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Choosing Hardware For Your Cabinets

I have been in the process of picking out cabinetry hardware for our main bathroom as well as our kitchen. I'll be honest, after years of looking at knobs, pulls, and handles, I have a pretty good idea of what I want.

Let's rewind really quick to my last house. It was built in 1860 so I wanted to stay with a classic look. I chose black door knobs and black hardware for the kitchen. They had a small shimmer of gold on them to give it a unique feel. It really gave it a pop of color on a white background. These were purchased at Lowe's.


 
There are thousands of options for hardware. Black, brushed nickel, satin nickel, white, clear, even colored knobs. There are knobs, cup pulls, straight bar handles, and even shaped knobs. These are the selections at Lowe's. Not to mention there are many online stores to buy from as well. Hobby Lobby even has some unique knobs, like flowers!
 
 
For our current home I knew I wanted something a little different. These cup pulls have been in style for a few years now. At first I thought they were ugly and didn't seem very practical to use.
 
However, don't knock it until you try it! After seeing them on so many blogs, I decided to actually use one of these at the store. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I was also starting to fall in love with the design. Different, timeless, elegant, and a rustic feel at the same time.
 
Normally you would use cup pulls or handles on drawers. Knobs are meant for cabinet doors.
 
 
 

So I decided our kitchen will be getting these cup pulls. I love them! These were purchased at Lowe's for $3.59. You can find cup pulls online for cheaper than this. However, knowing how my husband and I tackle projects, we may be back to pick up more of these or return some because we didn't count right!
 
 
For our bathroom vanity drawers I knew in my head what I wanted and luckily Lowe's had those as well. I chose a straight handle in Satin for the drawers. I love that it is simple but has a slight design to it as well. It just seems like it was made to be in my bathroom! These will also be great for little hands that want access to all the goodies in the drawers. :)
 
 
For our vanity doors I chose these knobs, also in Satin and found at Lowe's. I will recommend that you stay with the same finish a room.
 
 
It really comes down to your style preference. What finish matches the décor in your home. Do you want something traditional and safe or are you wanting to be daring and maybe even colorful?! It's fun to mix and match knobs and handles and make your own unique style in whatever room you choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment