Thursday, April 2, 2015

Gray vs Brown

First let me start off with some great news! We officially sold and closed on our last home. Hooray! It was on the market for 6 months and we got a few offers but this last offer was for full asking price. Praise the Lord! I am so glad we no longer have 2 house payments or 2 heating bills. Now let's get down to business the fun stuff.

I am in love with gray paint. It's an obsession. Every time I am looking on Houzz.com or searching for pictures of a certain room, I skip over the tan and brown rooms and fall in love with any room that's gray. I'm pretty sure I dream about the color gray at night.

Our first house was a colorful disaster. Every room was a different color and now that would drive me insane.

 


Yes, my kitchen was a beautiful coral color what was I thinking with a brick red color on the soffit and in the adjoining dining room. Eek!

Here's the dining room...


The smaller living room (there was also a big one)....


I was not afraid of color then but I think all of those blinding colors did something to me that I'll never be able to get back.

With our second house I made the biggest mistake in the kitchen and was pretty much stuck with a tan theme. Although tans and browns are very calming and relaxing.


After being stuck with a tan theme in our second home, I knew I wanted my next home to be covered in gray. Maybe I am still in color shock from our first house, but I love having neutral walls throughout a house and then using pops of color with pictures, decorations, or pillows. It's so easy to change out those little pieces if you want to go a different direction with your color scheme.

Here is a picture of our current dining room and the beautiful gray walls, which will look so much better once I get my hands on some white paint and slather it all over that trim.






What is your preference, gray or brown?


No comments:

Post a Comment