Thursday, July 2, 2015

IKEA Malm Inspiration

In my recent Master Bedroom Update post, I showed you some of the changes going on in our master bedroom. It's about time I got my grown up room. :)

One of the changes is our new nightstands. We picked up two MALM three drawer nightstands when we were at IKEA last. They were on sale so I talked my Hubby into getting them!

I have seen the MALM series all over the internet and there are some pretty awesome things you can do with them. You can pretty much do a hack to any IKEA piece you want to change.

I wanted to share some inspiration pictures with you. Maybe you can help me decide which one to do because I love them all and can't make up my mind!

Here is what the MALM nightstand looks like right out of the box:


Pretty plain and simple. Now let's look at all the fun ways to change it up!

 
 
A quick coat of paint can do wonders for any furniture piece. And I am in love with these L brackets!
 
 
 
 
 
I am pretty obsessed with these knobs. You could even spray paint them a different color.


 

 
 
 
 

 
O'verlays are designed specifically to go on top of IKEA furniture. It really makes the piece look completely different and gives it so much character. You can spray paint the overlays to be any color you want. There are several pages of designs to choose from depending on which IKEA series you have.
 
To recap, here are some of the things you can do to make an IKEA piece of furniture look more custom made:
* Paint the whole piece one or two colors
* Do an ombre effect on the drawers
* Add knobs - there are so many to choose from!
* Add L brackets - spray paint these whatever color you like
* Add O'verlays - also spray paint these any color you want
* Use Washi Tape to give it some pattern or sparkle
* Use painters tape to make a pattern and paint the piece two different colors
 
Or you could do all of these! I am really having a hard time deciding so if you could leave me a comment and tell me your favorite or what you would do, I would appreciate it. :)
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment