Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Abstract Art

I have never really been interested in a good piece of art. In my last house I never even decorated a single wall! I think I didn't know what I liked and where to begin.

I've been reading decorating blogs for a few years now. At first my taste was all over the place. Rustic here, modern there, throw in some color here but neutral tones over there. I really had no clue what my style was for a while. Then I started paying attention to the little things in these blogs. The paintings on the wall, the colors they used to bring a space together. All the small details that make a space work. I am finally learning what I like for myself and for my home. Abstract art is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Let's take a look at some pictures of abstract art.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It's very whimsical and free flowing. I love that it uses a variety of color because then you can pull in different colors from your home into one piece. You can use vibrant and bright colors to really make the art pop. Or you can be subtle and use pastels or neutral colors to add calming character in your home.
 
I have quite a few paintings on Etsy that I've been crushing over.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Do you want to know what I love most about this type of painting? It's easy to create yourself! One of my favorite blogs, Thrifty Décor Chick, did a painting similar to these a few years back. She used my favorite color, blue!
 
 
It was her painting that inspired me to try this myself. I am not an artist. I am lucky if I can use glue without messing up the paper I put it on! But some of these paintings go for hundreds of dollars and I was not ready to spend that much until I tried this for myself. I also think it was one of those "I must conquer my fear of not being artistic" type of things.
 
So on Thursday I'll be sharing how I did my first DIY Abstract Art piece!!






No comments:

Post a Comment