Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Half Bath Inspiration

I am starting to mentally prepare myself to renovate our half bathroom on the main level. Ok, it's definitely not a full renovation because there's not much in there. This is on my to-do list before baby comes in November and I'm getting the itch to get started. It's the only room left on the main level that has not been painted.

I thought I'd share with you some of the inspiration pictures that have been going through my head the past few months while thinking about this project.

I love this powder room from Centsational Girl. The contrast between the dark top and the white bottom is stunning. If I had the time and energy I would definitely put up bead board on the bottom like she has but I need to make this a quick project so I'm keeping this in mind for down the road.


Cassie is not afraid of color and pattern (I'm super jealous because it scares me) and her bathroom is simply amazing. Never in a million years would I have thought to do something like this. It is beautiful.


I love stripes painted on a wall (which I still need to start in my daughter's room). A bathroom would be a great place for them. It would add some nice dimension in an otherwise boxy room. Virginia added these stripes on this wall and I love them.


My biggest problem with my half bath is there are no windows. Insert sad face here. :( A big part of me would love to do a dark rich color but I know in a month it would start to feel gloomy. So what about a pop of color?

 

Green bathrooms are very calming which would be nice because most of our guests use this bathroom.


 
But I'm totally a sucker for blue and this aqua color is gorgeous.
 
 
 
It actually crossed my mind to do a coral bathroom... for a second (again, scared by color). I found this one with stripes that's amazing! I'm not sure I'm this daring but maybe I should just go for it???
 
 
 
Because there are no windows, I started thinking maybe a very very light gray on the walls and then add in some color with a picture or fun hand towel. Jen is one of my favorite bloggers and this is one of her gorgeous bathrooms. It's simple and elegant at the same time.
 
 




 
There are just so many options to choose from. Stripes, solids, light, dark, medium, lots of color, a little bit of color, no color. How will I ever choose?!
 
I know you're curious what my bathroom looks like and I will definitely give you a sneak peak. It's also on my Home Tour page. Are you sure you're ready for this??
 
 
Yes, that would be a tree in the bathroom. Very overwhelming and maybe a bit frightening. It's time for this thing to go! Now I need to pick an idea I love (or at least like) so that I don't change my mind a week after it's painted. I have been struggling with this room and that's why it's not done. Which inspiration photo do you think would look good in my bathroom?


No comments:

Post a Comment